| C.A.G.S and M. Ed. Program in Educational Leadership
CATHERINE LEAHY BRINE EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANTS, INC.
98 RANDOLPH STREET
S. WEYMOUTH, MA 02190
Site Based Fitchburg State University C.A.G.S and
M. Ed. Program in Educational Leadership
PROGRAM OVERVIEW - CAGS
APPLICATION MATERIALS - MASTERS Application Materials for On-line Application to the Fitchburg State University
Master of Education in Educational Leadership
CAGS: Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Educational Leadership
* Fitchburg State University awards all graduate credits and degrees. Initial and Professional Licensure is done by Catherine Leahy Brine.
Applicants to graduate programs at Fitchburg State must have received a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the US or have completed the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's degree or university-level degree program.
All applicants for admission to graduate study are required to submit the following credentials:
- Official transcript of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation, one from a supervisor
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Online Graduate Application and $50 fee
Other Considerations About the EDLM Program
- All courses meet in our Weymouth classroom space.
- The program is designed to be completed in two years. Failure to take a course when it is offered will lengthen your program.
- In the fall and spring semesters two courses will be offered on Thursday nights. One course will finish, and the next course will begin.
- In the summer three courses will be offered, and there may be some overlap. One will run on a Tuesday night, the other two on Thursday.
- Fitchburg State University is the endorsing agent. You will be required to furnish them with the required endorsement documents at the end of your program.
- There is no MTEL for school leaders. Instead, there are required Performance Assessments for Leaders (PALS Tasks). These are built into coursework, but not submitted to DESE until the end of the program. This allows you to refine them throughout your program.
Cost of the program:
- Courses are $410 per credit, for a total of $1230 per course. (The 39 credit Supervisor/Director Program is a total of $15,990. The 42 credit Principal/Assistant Principal Program total cost is $17,220.)
- There will be additional materials fees and/or text fees for each course. This varies from instructor to instructor.
- There is a $30 technology fee for each on-line course or blended course.
- There is an additional $750 Practicum fee for Initial License candidates, payable at the time of their Practicum.
- Tuition is paid in three equal installments.
- Sallie Mae and Wells Fargo loans are available through Fitchburg State University. Proof of loan application and approval must be provided us before the program begins.
* For Licensure endorsement purposes, please send the following to Catherine Leahy Brine at 98 Randolph St, Weymouth, MA 02190
- Catherine Leahy Cover Sheet with the additional non-refundable application/processing fee of $150, payable to Catherine Leahy Brine, Inc.
**This will be deducted from your first tuition payment when you start the program. .
A copy of your teaching license.
Top of Page